- In order to create low polygon water i first had to make the mesh / plane of water that I was going to build upon. The program i chose for this task was blender. Blender is a quick and easy modelling software which enabled me to export the information into Unreal quickly and efficiently.
- (Screenshot 1) F key is pressed to put the camera in the top down view
- (Screenshot 2) Using the tools window on the left i created a small plane.
- (Screenshot 3) Making the X & Y subdivisions to create enough polygons for the low poly look.
- (Screenshot 4) Highlight the whole plane including subdivisons
- (Screenshot 5) Create a smart UV project
- (Screenshot 6) Export & Save the file As an FBX file and Blender file.